Keep in mind that styling is all about layering. You want to build little mountains of interest. Mix heights and textures. Here are a few simple examples:
- Stack a few beautiful books under a favorite framed photo and a small piece of art.
- Place a tray holding a bowl of jewelry and a candle next a vintage box (a great place to store random pieces of every day life) on your bedside table.
- Place a big vase of flowers next to a guest book and bright bowl to catch keys on an entry table.
- Lean a small painting against a mirror mounted on a wall above a buffet in the dining room.
- Get inspired by the following images! What makes things unique can be a lack of symmetry or simple piece that clashes slightly with the space. A mirrored box on a rustic wood table, a small painting leaning against a large modern photograph, a hat displayed as art below...