My mother was not exactly best cook (sorry, Dee but it's true) but she did have two go to recipes that made us all happy. In the winter it was curry chicken on rice. And in the summer, gazpacho. I live on this cold soup all summer long - probably because it's too hot to eat anything else! And it is the easiest, cheapest thing to make. Chop and blend people. Chop and blend. Oh and stir...
1 Yellow Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 Cloves of Garlic
2/3 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
About 40 oz of tomato juice
1. Chop all veggies in big pieces and remove all the seeds.
2. Blend veggies and garlic until it's as smooth as you'd like. I go pretty smooth.
3. Pour blended mixture into a big ass bowl.
4. Stir in tomato juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar.
5. Sprinkle in a about 5 drops of Tabasco.
Let sit in the fridge for a while so it gets nice and chilly and then enjoy that shit. It is soooo gooood.